Customer Success Manager
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
Merit’s verified identity ecosystem helps trusted organizations across government and enterprise solve critical real-world problems in workforce development, emergency services, licensing, education, defense readiness, and other sectors. Thousands of trusted organizations - including government agencies and nonprofits - use Merit for digital verification of credentials, licenses, training, and skills.
Using Merit, organizations can capture and certify people data in containers called merits (Watch this video to learn more: What is Merit?), and grant them to individuals. All of an individual’s merits are stored in one place, providing people agency over their verified data, giving people secure access, and selective sharing with other organizations.
By connecting organizations and individuals, the Merit Platform supports a robust verified identity network that serves as a source of truth and trust for entire industries; bringing visibility, liquidity, and trust to people’s data.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management partnered with Merit to provide a fast, secure, paperless solution for the verification and time-tracking of thousands of volunteers and paid medical professionals assisting with the statewide COVID-19 vaccination efforts. As a result of our work together, FDEM was named a StateScoop 50 Award winner for the State IT Innovation of the Year.
Ohio Department of Education - Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) Program
After the Ohio State Legislature created the $125M 2-year Afterschool Child Enrichment (ACE) educational savings account program, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) contracted Merit to inform parents, guardians, and businesses about the new opportunity and eligibility requirements. Merit developed and delivered support systems, workflows, and digital assets for the ACE program. ODE issued digital credentials to parents and guardians certifying student eligibility, enabling them to use the grants with service providers listed in the Education Marketplace, and the Ohio ACE app is a single destination to view account balances and submit claims.
Virginia's Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR)
DPOR partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 Virginia’s Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation (DPOR) partnered with Merit to streamline licensing and digital credentialing for the more than 300,000 professionals across more than 40 industries that are required to have a license to work. With Merit, those licenses are now digital, accessible, and easily verifiable by consumers and businesses.
Merit’s values are more than just words on paper – they permeate the company’s brand, culture, products, and even individual actions. Our values are:
Everyone is a friend. We see opportunities everywhere because Merit has endless ways to grow the already vast and self-propagating Verified Identity graph.
Building a network of truth and trust. Merit is modeling the real world of Verified Identity into a digital one, built on merits. Society values truth and merits represent the truth.
A rising tide lifts all boats. We think about entire industries and how to make the most impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, our employees, partners, and everyone on Merit should succeed.
Measure to meaningfully improve. Work is measured by output, not vanity metrics, and the things we do measure have goals.
Use Merit to build Merit. The strength of the Merit network, platform, and company compounds with the addition of every partner, consumer, and employee.
Benefits at Merit
Remote first with flexible working hours Unlimited time-off with encouraged minimums
Medical plans designed to provide comprehensive, high-quality medical and prescription drug coverage with low to no deductible
Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Program with 24/7 support Income protection through basic life insurance, voluntary additional life insurance, and disability insurance
Fully paid parental leave for 6 months for both Moms and Dads
Additional support resources like Rightway care concierge, One Medical, Sibly, and SoFi to support employees in getting the most from their benefits from financial to mental health support
A dedicated People Operations team always looking for feedback and new opportunities to provide benefits that meet the needs of our employees
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This is a full-time, 100% remote role with occasional travel.
As a Customer Success Manager at Merit, you will join a customer-obsessed team in meeting the needs of our partners and customer base. Customer loyalty and building close long-term relationships will be your top priorities, as well as looking out for Merit’s partners’ business and suggesting innovative ways to keep them successful and participating in customer support tasks including identifying and anticipating customer needs.
In addition, you will work with other Merit teams such as the Data team and Product to ensure the proper data points are collected for structured reporting and deliver reports to the partner. You will work closely with Merit engineers to ensure that Customer Support tools and processes adapt to product changes and continue to provide our partners and customers with everything needed for success.
This is an Individual Contributor role. The Customer Success Manager will report directly to the VP of Customer Experience.
What you will do
- Understand the needs of partners and customers to build and maintain relationships that ensure they receive the tools and support needed to achieve their goals
- Onboard partners and customers onto Merit and provide the training for all other systems or tools for the partnership to be successful
- Be a Merit expert and a champion of clear and consistent communication between sales, product, data analytics, and support teams
- Identify and communicate internally the problems that affect multiple partners and customers and forecast what those trends mean for Merit
- Deliver reports to partners and customers as outlined in service contracts
- Ensure that all of our customers are receiving excellent customer service across all parts of the customer experience, including onboarding, training, and reporting
- Play a key role in anticipating, identifying, and troubleshooting all potential issues for partners and customers, and proactively create and implement solutions
- Availability to work a modified schedule based on customer needs including but not limited to: Rotating early morning or late evening coverage; Rotating weekend on call coverage; Customer launch periods
- Strong proficiency and experience working with Customer Success teams
- Proficiency with automation systems: Zapier, ITTT, Automate.io, Power Automate
- Proficiency in a CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce, Zendesk, or other
- Proficiency in a VOIP or Call Center service such as Dialpad, Ring Central, Zoom, GoTo, or TalkRoute
- Proficiency in either Google Sheets or Excel
Your Skills & Experiences
- Collaboration first approach. Collaborates effectively as a strong team player, managing input from and working cohesively with multiple stakeholders to foster alignment, identify opportunities, and deliver the most effective and impactful solutions for the collective
- Strong problem solving skills. Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills by quickly identifying issues, assessing the accuracy and relevance of information, using sound judgment to generate and evaluate potential resolutions, and making thoughtful recommendations
- Excellent communication skills. Expresses information to both individuals and groups efficiently and effectively using multiple communication pathways. Able to take into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial) and adjust communication accordingly. Strong ability and willingness to practice active listening and to calmly deescalate frustration and mediate conflict
- An eye for detail. Exhibits a drive to approach all work in a thorough and conscientious manner, making a point to understand scope and key success metrics with the goal of providing high quality work outputs that help to advance business objectives
- An advocate and support system for others. Exemplifies a welcoming, supportive, and professional presence with a strong ability to assess individual needs, provide information or assistance to resolve issues or satisfy expectations, calmly and firmly set issues back on track, and shows a strong commitment to providing excellent support
- Prioritizes success metrics. Engages in data collection, analysis, and stays up-to-date on industry trends to increase knowledge, establish strategies, and ensure that decisions are aligned with best practices and delivering business value
- Adapts to shifting priorities. Can navigate ambiguity, effectively set clear plans, reprioritize tasks to align with strategic goals, and ensure on-time completion of multiple critical activities
- Committed to core values. Understands and promotes Merit’s mission, vision, and values, and creates a clear line of sight to contribute to the organization’s goals and strategies
At Merit, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate, support, and value them for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applications from veterans and military spouses.
Merit is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for our employees. If you need accessibility assistance or a reasonable accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.